Origins of the Banh Mi Sandwich
Did you know that before the French occupied Vietnam bread was not part of the Vietnamese diet? During the French occupation, bread was shipped in, but reserved only for the French elite. It wasn’t until World War I that bread became readily available and part of the Vietnamese diet, which inspired the Vietnamese to create many new signature dishes. In 1954, the Banh Mi Sandwich was created in Saigon by Mr. and Mrs. Le. It became extremely popular not only because it was cheap, but also rich in flavor and calories. After the fall of Saigon in 1975, many Vietnamese fled the country but brought their rich culinary traditions – including the Banh Mi - to their new homes. Today, you can find Bahn Mi almost anywhere - malls, food trucks, and restaurants in most of North America and Europe, as well as of course in Vietnam.
Introducing Banh Mi Medley
Welcome to our delicious, super flavorful world of Brine Craft Banh Mi Medley. We created an homage to the classic Vietnamese sandwich to celebrate its rich history and culinary brilliance. A tart mix of pickled veggies, cilantro, mint, ponzu, and lime, it's ideal on the famous Banh Mi sandwich or in any number of recipes.
Banh Mi Medley Recipe Ideas
- Traditional Banh Mi Sandwich: Simple yet satisfying.
- Salmon Banh Mi Sandwich: A modern take on the original.
- BBQ Pork Banh Mi Sandwich: The grill meets Vietnamese flavor!
- Cauliflower Banh Mi: The vegan version of the Banh Mi Sandwich, but with cauliflower instead of tofu!
- Banh Mi-Less Banh Mi Bowl: Replacing the bread with rice is a winning combination.
- Tofu Panzanella Salad: The Banh Mi salad remade into an Italian Classic.
- Banh Mi Fish Tacos: The ultimate fusion foods recipe.
- Banh Mi Spring Rolls: The vegan AND gluten free version of Banh Mi.
- Chicken Meatball Banh Mi Skillet Pizza: No explanation necessary, it’s pizza.
Not a cook? Use Banh Mi Medley as a topper for:
- Fish & Chips
- Hot Dogs
- French Fries
Enter to Win a Brine Craft Prize Pack
Provide your email below to be entered to win a Brine Craft prize pack worth over $100.
"*" indicates required fields