Take advantage of autumn’s produce with our fall harvest salad featuring roasted veggies, wildbrine Red Beet and Red Cabbage sauerkraut and a refreshing Champagne and lemon vinaigrette. Vegan and paleo friendly! Make this hearty salad your main course or serve it as a side at holiday dinners. This delicious recipe was developed by our partner Leah Goldglantz from Leah’s Plate.
1/2 cup butternut squash, chopped
1/2 cup Brussels sprouts, chopped
1/2 cup beets, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil or oil of choice
2 cups kale, shredded
2 Tbsp walnuts halves or pieces
2 Tbsp dried cranberries
2 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
2 Tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup wildbrine Red Beet & Red Cabbage Organic Sauerkraut
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp champagne vinegar
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 shallot, finely diced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
20 min. hands-on, 50 min total
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil.
3. In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, butternut squash and beets. Toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the vegetables on the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. Remove from oven and allow time to cool.
4. While the vegetables are roasting, make the salad dressing by adding all of the ingredients for the dressing into a blender or food processor and blending until smooth.
5. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the salad including the roasted vegetables and sauerkraut.
6. Slowly pour the dressing over the salad to your liking, mix well, then divide between two bowls. There may be some leftover dressing that you can store in the refrigerator for up to one week.