Ideal for vegans and health-conscious folks alike, this dairy free, vegan baked cheesecake is not only better for you, it’s like you’re not eating healthy. Really! Sink your fork into this creamy, elegant and — dare we say — fancy dessert and know you can eat that second piece you’ll definitely want. For best results, use wildCREAMERY Butter and Cream Cheese.
2 cups Hydrated Cashews (cover in a bowl with boiling water for 1 hour; drain before use)
2 cups Coconut Cream
16oz wildCREAMERY Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
¾ Tbsp Lemon Zest
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
½ tsp Salt
1 ½ cups Rolled Oats
½ cup Almonds
½ tsp Salt
¼ cup Coconut Sugar
½ cup wildCREAMERY Butter
Hands On: 45 Minutes | Total Time: 2 Hours
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Melt butter
2. Place all other crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse for 30 to 60 seconds until the solids are a little bit larger than a grain of sand. Put in a large bowl and mix with the melted butter.
3. Press firmly into bottom and slightly up the sides of a greased, parchment lined 9” spring form pan, using your hands then a flat bottom surface to make crust flat and even.
4. Bake crust for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
*Change oven temperature to 325 for cake.
1. Combine all ingredients for the filling in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Pour filling into the cooled crust and bake at 325 for 50 to 60 minutes.
3. Let cake cool for 15 to 20 minutes at room temp, then put into refrigeration. When totally cool cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
4. To serve remove from fridge for 10 to 15 minutes; then slice and serve.