Ideal for vegans and health-conscious folks alike, this dairy free, vegan no-bake cheesecake is not only better for you, it’s like you’re not eating healthy. Really! Sink your fork into this creamy, elegant and — dare we say — fancy dessert and know you can eat that second piece you’ll definitely want. For best results, use wildCREAMERY Butter and Cream Cheese.
2 c. hydrated cashews (cover in a bowl with boiling water for 1 hour; drain before use)
2 c. coconut cream or milk*
16 oz. wildCREAMERY Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 c. maple syrup
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
3/4 Tbsp. lemon zest
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. almonds
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. coconut sugar
1/2 c. wildCREAMERY Butter
*For the coconut cream, buy a can of full fat coconut cream or milk, leave in the fridge overnight, and then scoop the hardened coconut cream from the top, leaving any clear liquid behind.
Total time: 3 hours | 40 minutes hands-on
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter.
3. Place all other crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse for 30 to 60 seconds until the solids are a little bit larger than a grain of sand. Put in a large bowl and mix with the melted butter. Press firmly into bottom and slightly up the sides of a greased, parchment lined 9” springform pan, using your hands then a flat bottom surface to make crust flat and even.
4. Bake crust for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
1. Combine all ingredients for the filling in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Pour filling into the cooled crust.
3. Put into the refrigerator and refrigerate overnight or at least two hours, until cheesecake filling is firm.
4. To serve, remove from fridge for 30 minutes prior to serving to bring up to room temperature; then slice and serve with your favorite accompaniments.