2 ½ c. All-purpose flour
1 ½ c. Brown sugar
1 ½ t. Baking soda
½ t. Salt
2 t. Cinnamon
¼ t. Nutmeg
1 c. Almond milk
1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1/3 c. Canola oil or apple sauce
1 t. Vanilla
1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. Applesauce
1 ½ c. Granny Smith apples (peeled and grated)
Wild CREAMERY Cream Cheese Frosting:
½ c. wildCREAMERY Butter
8 oz. wildCREAMERY Cream Cheese
1 t. Vanilla
¼ t. Salt
4 c. Powdered Sugar
1. Bring butter and cream cheese to a cool room temperature (not too warm) or the products start melting.
2. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and with a hand mixer, beat until combined and light and fluffy.
3. Frost cake, and keep in a cool, dry place until ready to serve. Cake can be made a day in advance and should be kept in the fridge until right before serving.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, in a liquid measuring cup, combine almond milk and lemon juice. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together all liquid ingredients (including almond milk).
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. Let rest for 20 minutes in the refrigerator, then gently fold in the grated apples.
4. Spray and line (with parchment) a 9-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Check doneness by placing a toothpick in the center of the cake, if it comes out wet bake a little longer and then check again. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
6. Allow to cool, at least 20 minutes, then frost and serve.