Calling all chocolate lovers! We’ve partnered with our friends at AWAKE for a delightful twist on the classic no-bake brownie. This recipe combines the gut health benefits of Wildbrine Organic Green Sauerkraut and AWAKE Dark Chocolate Bites together for a naturally probiotic dessert that’s quick and easy to make (no baking necessary). Each bite is a decadent blend of dark chocolate, medjool dates, and organic sauerkraut, meticulously combined to create a velvety, fudgy texture that will melt in your mouth. Simply refrigerate the mixture, allowing the flavors to harmonize and the brownies to set into an irresistible, gooey perfection.
1 cup pitted medjool dates
1 cup walnuts
1/3 cup cocoa powder
½ cup wildBrine Green Kraut, well drained
2 TBS coconut oil plus ½ tsp for dipping
¼ cup coconut flakes
3 oz AWAKE Dark chocolate (or 6 little owls)
Coarse salt for topping
Prep time: 10 minutes | Chilling Time: 1 Hour (or Overnight)
1. In the bowl of the food processor add dates and pulse until dates are pea size. Add walnuts and sauerkraut and blend until everything is combined. Place mixture into a medium bowl.
2. Add coconut oil, coconut, cocoa powder and mix until combined.
3. Chop 2 AWAKE dark chocolate owls and mix into brownie mixture.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least and hour, even over night
5. Place parchment on a baking sheet
6. Scoop a heaping teaspoon of brownie mixture and roll into a ball, place on parchment lined baking sheet
7. In a glass bowl add the last 4 AWAKE dark chocolate owls, melt chocolate (either in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds until fully melted or over a small pot of water) once chocolate is melted add ½ tsp coconut oil and mix until combined.
8. Using a small spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over brownie bites, sprinkle with coarse salt and let chocolate harden.