Perfect for warm-weather gatherings, this cool, dairy-free white chocolate mousse treat can be made a day ahead of time and then simply pulled out of the fridge and assembled when it’s time for dessert. Use whatever fruit is in season and delicious to contrast the richness of the chocolate. Finally, the critical step in this recipe is to make sure that you take the cream cheese out of the fridge at least 4 hours prior to using it. In order for the cream cheese and whipping cream to incorporate smoothly with the white chocolate, the wildCREAMERY Cream Cheese and wildCREAMERY Sour Cream must be at room temperature.
1 c. whipping cream (chilled)
2 c. white chocolate chips
8 oz. wildCREAMERY Cream Cheese (room temperature)
1 Tbsp. wildCREAMERY Sour Cream (room temperature)
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/2 c. soft wildCREAMERY Butter, room temperature
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream together wildCREAMERY Butter and sugar until fluffy and well-combined. About 2-4 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla until well mixed. Slowly mix in flour mixture until well combined.
3. Shape cookies into desired size. Bake for 7 to 12 minutes depending on size and desired doneness.* We used Tbsp. and baked for 9 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Crumble cookies into large pieces.
*Popping the dough into the fridge in between each cookie batch baking helps the dough maintain its shape if it’s a particularly warm day.
Approx. 1 hour in total
1. Combine vanilla, salt, and whipping cream and beat to stiff peaks. Set aside at room temperature while you continue. Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir until completely smooth and melted. Set aside.
2. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar gently with a whisk until well blended. Slowly fold warm chocolate that you set aside earlier into cheese mixture. Continue folding until well combined. Once mixed, fold whipped cream slowly and carefully into cheese and chocolate mixture until smooth and well combined.
3. Place into a container or individual containers and refrigerate.