Good bacteria plays an important part in a healthy gut diet plan and one of the best ways to start your day off in a nourishing way is to incorporate fermented foods into your morning routine. The saying “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day” may have originated to sell cereal, but there is some truth to this idea. It’s especially important now, when many of us rush out the door in the morning to get the kids to school and head to the office - sometimes with only a cup of coffee and a processed pastry to sustain us. Eating a nutritious breakfast sets the tone for the day and can elevate your energy.
Enjoying fermented foods can help to maintain energy levels (as opposed to the spike and fall in energy that you may get from that processed pastry), and we found several breakfast recipes into which you can incorporate wildbrine’s organic, probiotic-rich fermented foods, including our sauerkrauts, kimchis, salsas, and sugar-free srirachas.
Your Healthy Gut Diet Plan: 8 Recipes for Breakfast
EGGS are hands-down the most versatile ingredient in the kitchen. They are easy to make during the mid-week rush, great for kids and can be elevated for brunches.
- This recipe for Shakshouka (Poached Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce) by Love & Olive Oil would be perfect with our Mild Kimchi with Turmeric for some mild spice. Get the recipe.
- Scramble some eggs and add two tablespoons of our Salsa Rojo sauerkraut salsa for an easy, protein-rich meal for a healthy gut. (Also, if you are looking to incorporate scrambled eggs into a recipe, we recommend a breakfast quesadilla with scrambled eggs from Half Baked Harvest.) Get the recipe.
- Our recipe for kimchi deviled eggs using our Korean Style Kimchi is an easy appetizer for a potluck brunch. Get the recipe.
MACRO BOWLS hit all of your macronutrients – carbs, protein, and fat – and are a fun way for every member of your household to incorporate their own favorite foods into breakfast. The “choose your own adventure” breakfast makes it easy to create a healthy gut diet plan for every lifestyle.
- The Cultured Breakfast Macro Bowls from The Full Helping include sauerkraut in the recipe, and the veggies can vary depending on what produce is in season. Get the recipe.
- This Ukrainian Breakfast Hash dish from Food Meanderings can be made ahead of time and eaten all week. You can include eggs or even make the recipe vegan. Get the recipe.
- Another breakfast hash dish we love comes from Minimalist Baker. This Breakfast Hash with Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes would pair well with our Smoky Jalapeño Sriracha. Get the recipe.
If you are the type of person who usually zips out the door in the AM, there are still ways to incorporate fermented foods into your breakfast plan.
- Blending up a high-protein smoothie in the morning is a great way to pack in a ton of greens and fermented foods. We love these four recipes for protein-rich smoothies from A Sweet Pea Chef – then add 2 tablespoons of our Organic Red Cabbage & Red Beet Sauerkraut. Get the recipes.
- Avo-Sauerkraut Toast is one of the best ways to enjoy the avocado toast craze. Keep it simple by adding our Raw Organic Green Sauerkraut on top of fresh bread and a ripe avocado.
Have You Tried Sauerkraut Pancakes?
- Finally... If you are in the mood to go all out on a Sunday morning, we recommend making sauerkraut pancakes. Yes! These pancakes made with our kraut are the ultimate way to keep up your healthy gut diet plan on the weekends. Get the recipe.
Let us know if you try any of these healthy gut diet breakfast recipes! Or, if you have a breakfast recipe that incorporates any of our wildbrine fermented foods, please let us know!
Love this organic red cabbage & red beet sauerkraut, great taste, so good for my gut, I have celiac disease. Food is medicine, I crave this for breakfast, absolutely recommend this product for good gut health!! Thank you Wildbrine. – Julie
The wild Bunch
You’re welcome Julie! Thanks for being a fan.